Proprieters

Proprieters
Miss Dede & Y

Saturday, June 2, 2012

New Beginnings.....

Pablo-kindergarten


Tiger Cub Scouts- Pablo, Joe and Grant
New beginnings are happening for so many right now! We are not exempt. It is June, 2012 and Y only has 3 more days left at his private Christian school and will begin attending public school in the fall. It is bittersweet for us. Y loves his school, friends, teachers and the wonderful community he experiences everyday. But as I tell him every day~~~ he will meet new friends and this will be a great opportunity to meet new people where we live. Y also will benefit from learning what it is like to grow up in a small community and be a significant part of it.

I have lived out here for 11 years and know very few people. But that is certainly changing! All ready we have met people from Holbrook Farm League......and will soon meet others from his new school. This great change for Y is actually a blessing from God.

With my position ending with Bank of America when our site closes in October, it means many changes for the family. I am planning on working from home -- or at least close to home. I have had my dream jobs in management, I have had my job of earning good money- but now the best job on earth is being Y's mother and being there for him. I can do that after the site closes, because I can find a way to have a business right from here. There is such a need for after school care and summer care out here that I am planning on pursuing that here at The Robbins Nest. Why not? I have the experience, the land, the toys, and the desire to provide great care for school age children. And......

It may mean we can pursue our dream of a little....mini farm of sorts. Y and I love animals and want to expand our critter population to include chickens, goats and Alpacas. So many children do not get the opportunity to experience raising animals that can be productive. Will we eat our critters? I say, "no way," but Y says he can surely eat the chicken he fed in the morning. Oh my! It must be his daddy's blood running through him? After all, his dad is a hunter...and our little Y guy is taking right after him.

I want to get back to the basics. I want to eat healthier, stay home more, develop friendships here in our community and I want to be a servant that the Lord God has wanted me to be. I can do that out here. We aren't too far from town...we aren't too far from Canada...we aren't too far from culture in Portland or Boston.

Franklin Park Zoo in Boston
Join us as we go on our adventures -- here in Maine and wherever the wind takes us...................next stop..........the land of "concrete and rust." That's right folks..............Milwaukee. Hear there are a few good zoos there too.....
~~~ Miss Dede


No comments:

Post a Comment