Proprieters

Proprieters
Miss Dede & Y

Sunday, June 10, 2012

We Love To Read!!

Reading opens the mind to so much in this world. My whole family has enjoyed reading from a young age. I remember waiting for Mom to take us to the public library in Gardiner, reading to us at night before going to bed, ordering a book from Scholastic in elementary school, and spending every day in high school waiting at the Belfast Public Library for my father to pick me up after sports practice. Reading, opens the world to the reader!

My mother is a voracious reader. Even now, her stand next to her chair in the living room has a couple of books. My father has begun reading more too. My brother, has always been a reader and a writer. And GiGi, my sister, well even after losing most of her eyesight, she still reads. Here she is with her CCTV-- it magnifies the books text so she can read again.
 GiGi shows us how the CCTV is used with a picture of Wyatt.


The day before these pictures were taken, the three of us went to the Bangor Public Library. GiGi hadn't been there in many years, I can't even remember the last time I set foot in that library, and Wyatt had only been in the Clifton Public Library. We are very grateful our small town has a library, but it has limited hours and is the size of an elementary classroom. I will never forget the look on my son's face as we walked up the front steps of the Bangor Public Library, opened the door and then ascended up the next set of marble steps.

We got our new library cards, maps, and rule sheet (a necessity with an active talkative 7 year old) and began perusing the books in the children room. Wyatt was ecstatic! We talked about being quiet, putting books on the carts when done looking at them, using the public computers, and finding chairs and tables to read at. Wyatt selected 4 books to take out....



Yep, ocean animals, wasps, space and dangerous animals---my kiddo's interests.



 And here he is reading while GiGi and me look around..... A trip to the library....the look on my son's face, the smile on my sister's face and me....glad I opened a whole new world to my son. Looking forward to going back this week. ~~~ Miss Dede







No comments:

Post a Comment